Friday, February 4, 2011

Stir Crazy in North Texas

I am sure everyone has closely been watching the winter storm that has been unfolding across Texas  and a good chunk of the country this week. I hear my friends in Central Texas and the Hill Country are going to be getting their fair share of Winter weather tonight and into tomorrow. I always check with The National Weather Service and Pete Delkus when keeping tabs on the weather. As I may have mentioned before, I am a bit of a weather fanatic. I actually preferred Troy Duncan as my trusted meteorologist, but he has retired and left his  WFAA Channel 8 empire in Pete's capable hands. I still feel Pete needs to prove himself to me, but I continue to have faith. Plus, I thoroughly enjoy the on air antics between Pete and Dale Hansen. But that conversation is neither here nor there. Back to the point:

It has been below freezing here in Muenster since Monday night, and with ice and snow still covering the roads it has been a challenge to get out of the house. Thankfully my dad has 4 wheel drive. I will post pics of the snow and ice after it finally ends. We are slated to get more snow tonight and tomorrow. For the most part, I have been stuck in the house with my 'rents and a steady supply of White Russians. However, there are only so many Lifetime Original Movies you can bare to watch with your mother before going completely crazy. So, I turned to the internet for some relief  and entertainment. Specifically, I have turned to a segment that "Jimmy Kimmel Live" calls "Kimmel Kartoons." The clips are pretty funny. Here are just a few of my favorites. You can check out more  videos on Kimmel's YouTube Channel

Oprah's Favorite Things and Dora the Explorer Mashup:


Celebrity Plastic Surgery with Heidi Montag and The Flinstones Mashup:


Barbara Walters with Justin Beiber and Year Without Santa Claus Mashup:



And Finally, The Real Housewives of Atlanta and The Jetsons Mashup:



I hope you found some humor in these clips and check out Kimmel's YouTube channel to find more entertaining videos. 

Let's hope we all come out of this storm with our loved ones unscathed from the hours we have spent together this past week. It was pleasant in the beginning, but we are all susceptible to cabin fever and the consequences it may bring. Stay safe on the roads and warm in your homes my friends. Until next time, Beast Out!

1 comment: